About Me

Hey there! I'm a twenty-three year old Jesus follower, and this blog is to record all of the goings-on in my life within the next months. I recently broke both of my legs, and feel God leading me to tell my story - a story of redemption and grace, of hope and pain, of excitment and fear. May you be deeply blessed as you read. Shalom!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sleep.

I just have one word for this evening: Percoset.

My right foot has been feeling a little off in the last couple of days, and tonight, it felt like it was on fire.  Like dragon-breathed fire.  After much whining and writhing I decided (with some intrvention from the ones who love me) that it was officially time to take drugs that aren't prescribed every day.  I've realy worked hard at trying not to rely on the "as-needed" pain relievers because I'm petrified of becoming addicted to them.  So I took my first as-needed pill tonight; they work.  Really well.  A little too well one might say.

Normally, I write in my blog every night because God is moving in my life throughout the day in various small, and yet oh-so-big ways, and I just have to write about it.  And today he did.  Oh, he SO did.  I had quiet the adventure, and I can't wait to spill it all.  And, normally, I only take Friday nights off of writing to spend time with friends and family, but tonight I'm making an exception - I can't write.  Because, normally, I'm not incapacitated by narcotics.  I'm too loopy right now.  Everytime I look at something, a new song pops in my head & I can't hlep but sing it out.  My family wants me to go to sleep because it's 11pm.

Story time!!  Really fast.  It's reminding me of the time I was in the hospital.  The pian killers were making me really, really itchy.  I woke up at 2 in the mornig with a very itchy backside, and I asked my mom to put lotion on me.  She was sleeping at the time, and I'm pretty sure she thought I wasn't serious.  She laughed.  So then I asked the nurs, and she was like, "Sure!" (may the Lord bless you, nurse)  As she was leaving, I stareted serenading her with, "Did I eveer tell you you're my herooooooooooooo?"  I don't know any other words to that song, so I just kept singing that part and "You are the wind beneath my wingssssss" 

That's kind of what's happening now.  So, forgive any grammar or spelling whoopsies & pray that I don't start giggling in the near future.  I love it and I hate it at the same time.  Talk about surrender of control.  *sigh*

Jesus, thank you that you take good care of me.  Thanks that you never sleep, and that you watch over your people with care.  Thanks for my doctors and nurses who served me with patience and gentle hands while I was in the Froedert.  Thanks that you think my songs are good even when they're abou t  my heros and my ice packs, and thanks that you watch over your chicks.  (wait, is chicks the word to use for baby boy and girl chickens?)  And chickos.  I sure do love you. 

Goodnight Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment