About Me

Hey there! I'm a twenty-three year old Jesus follower, and this blog is to record all of the goings-on in my life within the next months. I recently broke both of my legs, and feel God leading me to tell my story - a story of redemption and grace, of hope and pain, of excitment and fear. May you be deeply blessed as you read. Shalom!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Music.

I love music.  So so much.

I realized today, while I was watching my baby sisters play in their band concert, how much I miss singing in a choir.  There is so much to be said for singing in a unified group of people, and it has been such a long time since I have been able to do it.  I mean, I hardly sing at all these days.  I feel like I sing in my heart and in my head, but my vocal chords never jump in on the action.  They are on sabbatical with my legs, apparently.

Anyway, I felt so honored to be able to watch the twins play tonight, and I continue (even STILL!) to count the ways in which I have been blessed by my time at home. 

I know I've shared this verse before, but it's one of my favorites:

Psalm 57:7&8

"My heart, O God, is steadfast,
   my heart is steadfast;
   I will sing and make music.
Awake, my soul!
   Awake, harp and lyre!
   I will awaken the dawn."

No comments:

Post a Comment