About Me

Hey there! I'm a twenty-three year old Jesus follower, and this blog is to record all of the goings-on in my life within the next months. I recently broke both of my legs, and feel God leading me to tell my story - a story of redemption and grace, of hope and pain, of excitment and fear. May you be deeply blessed as you read. Shalom!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Party.

It's hammer time.  MC Hammer, that is.

I was out for tea tonight (and now I'm WIRED at 10:44pm - I forgot tea has caffeine!) with an amazing lady from a really special season (mid-college) in my life.  It was such an encouraging conversation.  I find myself thanking God for a lot of friends in my life that have been such a blessing to me over the last year.  I kept thinking the whole night about the verse along the lines of, "Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing."  Oh how I forget the importance of community, sharing one anothers burdens, and praying for other people on a regular basis. 

Thank you, Milwaukee, for Alterra on the Lake, and for the sanctuary that you provide.  I pray that as you read this, you are surrounded by friends that encourage you and build you up - God is faithful in this area, and has taught me much about what it means (and how hard it is) to rely on other people.  It's SO worth it!  I never really had a "best friend" growing up.  I had so many friends that were faithful to me though, even when I wasn't faithful to them.  It is by the grace of God that I have any at this point in my life, as they show grace to me on pretty much a daily basis. 

Anyway, lady suggested that I have a party on October 31st.  It feels a smidge selfish because my parents' TWENTY SIXTH wedding anniversary is tomorrow...  Food for thought...  I kind of think it is a fabulous idea.  It's is my one-year anniversary, and I think it may be time to celebrate some Unexpected Adventures in all of our lives.

Who's in?  : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for adventure...but frankly, I'd prefer avoiding the kind that include broken bones. Thanks for sharing your life with us this year - it's been an amazing blessing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for allowing me to share it, Carol! : )

    ReplyDelete